Arthritis results from the inflammation of joints in our body. Around 200 conditions are affecting our joints and their connecting tissues and are called rheumatic conditions. Arthritis patients often go through a lot of pain and stiffness along with swelling in their joints. These symptoms can occur either suddenly or over a period that can also involve many organs of the body and the immune system.
One of the most important things along with getting proper treatments while suffering from arthritis is taking charge of it yourself, and looking for options of self-care at home. This starts by understanding what kind of diet and meals are important.
These meals should be anti-inflammatory and should work on boosting your immune system and strengthening your bones. But more than all these things these meals should be tasty and full of nutrition.
Below are some healthy recipes that you can try at home for all four meals.
Oat porridge with fruits
- Take 1 cup of oats (use gluten-free if possible) add the oats to a saucepan over medium heat to toast. Keep stirring the pan every 2-3 minutes till it is done.
- Now take 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. After reducing the heat to a simmer, add the oats and cook for another 25 minutes until they are tender. Now, add a little milk or any dairy-free alternative as per your choice. Add a pinch of salt to the oats and top it with some fresh fruits, some almonds (sliced would be better), pumpkin seeds, and any other nuts or seeds of your choice. Sprinkle some maple syrup or any sweetener of your taste and eat it up!
Scrambled eggs with turmeric
- Take 3 white or brown organic eggs, whisk them and add a pinch of freshly grated turmeric, a spoon of chia seeds, a pinch of sea salt, some coconut milk and set aside.
- Now take 1 teaspoon of the olive oil you have at home and pour it into a pan on low heat. Take around 100 g of baby spinach leaves either in full form or chopped and add it to the pan sautéing it gently for around 30 seconds until it’s cooked and then remove the cooked spinach from the heat and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Heat the same pan with another teaspoon of olive oil and let it heat over a medium flame. As soon as the oil is hot, pour the whisked eggs gently stir through them till they start to set and become a little creamy. Now add the spinach and cook thoroughly.
- Take some bananas, pineapples, kale, honey, Greek yogurt, almond milk, and peanut butter for your ingredients as they are rich in fiber and protein. Add them to your blender and blend until smooth.
- If you have a regular blender than a smoothie maker, start by adding almond milk and kale first. Once they are blended properly then start adding one ingredient at a time.
- Depending on the thickness, you can add almond milk or ice to give it the texture you want.
Baby spinach and mushroom frittata
- To make baby spinach and mushroom frittata, you will need 6 white or brown organic eggs, ¼ cup or 250 ml of milk, and one cup of cheese cheddar. Take a large bowl, put the eggs and some milk and whisk them until smooth, add some cheese and season it with some salt and a pinch of pepper. Once done, keep the bowl on the side.
- But before starting your preparations, preheat your oven to 180 °C (350 °F) with the tray in the center and buttering a 20-cm (8-inch) square baking dish.
- Now take one onion and chop it thinly along with 4-5 mushrooms that are sliced. Take a pan, add some butter around 3 tablespoons, add the chopped onions and sauté them till they are brown. Now add the sliced mushrooms and continue sauteing. Add some baby spinach and continue cooking while stirring for a minute or more till it’s cooked. Add some salt and pepper.
- Now, put the mushroom and spinach mixture into the egg mixture. Keep stirring while you pour into the baking dish. Bake your frittata for 25 minutes or until it’s light browned and puffed. Now, cut the frittata into squares. Remove the squares and place them on a plate and serve warm or cold.
Sweet potato black bean burger
- To prepare this amazing and healthy burger, you will need ½ cup of quinoa which needs to be washed with cold water then boil in a pan on low flame for about 15 minutes. Remove the mater, separate the grains with a fork and let them set aside to cool down.
- Now, take one large sweet potato and poke it several times with a fork. Place the poked potato in the microwave and cook it for about 4 minutes till it is soft and thorough. (Don’t overcook the sweet potato as it will get hard otherwise). You can also roast these potatoes in an oven at about 400 degrees F for 30 minutes until they are tender. Now, remove the skin once they are cool.
- Take a bowl and add a cup of black beans, cooked sweet potato, ½ cup of diced red onions, ½ cup of chopped cilantro, 2 cloves of garlic, a teaspoon of cumin, 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning spicy, and put them in a grinder and grind until the batter is ready.
- Now, mix both the mixture and the quinoa, adding salt and pepper for taste, and mix some oat flour that is enough help to create patties. Divide this mixture into 6 patties and place them in the refrigerator for 30 mins. This will help the patties to bind.
- To create the avocado-cilantro cream, take the food processor bowl, put ¼ cup of sour cream or Greek yogurt, ½ large diced avocado, c2 tablespoon of chopped cilantro, and one tablespoon of lime juice. Process them together till they are smooth adding a pinch of salt to taste. You can place the Sause in the fridge till you prepare the burgers.
- Now to prepare the burgers, heat the pan on medium heat and spray it with either coconut or olive or canola oil. Now, place in your skillets and pan-fry for about 3-4 minutes on each side until they are golden brown.
- Your burgers are ready to serve with buns, some sprouts, cream, and any desired toppings of your choice.
Try these easy-to-cook and healthy recipes that will help you look after your health. These recipes are anti-inflammatory and will help you boost your immune system and strengthen your bones.